Saturday, February 25, 2012

Waste Not - Want Not 2012

So lately I have been watching my ever growing makeup collection take over my room like a mysterious growth. Like any proud hoarder or addict I have bits and bobbles stashed in various bags all over the place. Shadows I rarely reach for but have yet to throw away, new shipments of loose pigments coming every week when I havn't put a dent in the ones I have. Eyeshadow palettes that I literally LUSTED over that still have the protective plastic and have never been touched.

Soooo - I decided it was time to have a Waste Not, Want Not party. Years ago before I became all cra cra about makeup I used to do this with Shoes and Clothes, so it should work pretty smoothly. AND I have the assistance of a couple awesome friends that will be participating with me.

Here are my rules:

1.) Before purchasing ANYMORE makeup indie or otherwise - I have to use EVERYTHING in my collection at least once. I have TONS - literally TONS of loose shadows, bases, primers, blushes, lipsticks and lipglosses. (This does not include limited edition collections from indie companies)

2.) I have to use/dispose of EVERY Perfume sample I have - before purchasing new ones. I don't count full bottles in this - but unless I have thrown it away, or used it completely as a sample - I cannot purchase new ones (this does no include travel sized body sprays either) I have about 20 of those bad boys to work through (samples)

3.) Bath and Body. - Aside from Shampoo I cannot purchase ANY MORE bath products FOR ME until I have used at LEAST half of my current collection. I have to have completely used anything that is not a trial sized item.

How I plan to accomplish this is simple. Unless I have a special occasion I will set limits for what I am using on a regular basis. I know that part of the reason I have bath stuff laying around going to waste is because I wasn't as impressed with them as I imagined I was - so I will use those first.

WEEK 1 GOALS:

1) do at least a basic makeup everyday (and use different colors/products each time)
2) Use B&BW Exotic Coconut exclusivley (even though it smells kinda like burnt rubber - well not THAT bad but still - not pleasant)
3) Use a polish I have not yet worn

Pictures and Doc will be attatched later!

This starts tomorrow - Sunday 02/26/2012 - The reason I'll be posting a document and photos is so you all can "keep me honest" so to speak :) and can follow along with my progress so you know it can be done!!!

~Vada~

P.S. Anyone who would like to join feel free to comment below and add your progress as well as we go along :)

2 comments: